’Tis the season for festive treats! Elizabeth Chambers’ Bourbon Balls make the proper addition to any vacation bash.
“My mother made tons of of them for our annual Christmas events annually after I was rising up, and I at all times discovered them to be lovely and stylish,” the BIRD Bakery founder, 40, completely reveals within the newest challenge of Us Weekly. “As soon as I used to be older and made them myself, I couldn’t consider how easy they had been.”
Chambers — whose award-winning bakery has storefronts in San Antonio, Dallas and Denver — additionally likes to present her confections to her family members in the course of the merry season. “They’re great for lecturers, pals, coaches,” the Cooking Channel persona instructed Us. “They usually freeze superbly, so I at all times have them readily available!”
Chambers’ recipe — which makes as much as 4 dozen candy spheres — options baked goodies which are crammed with bourbon and orange juice. All for a stronger bourbon taste? Chambers advises Us to cut back (or remove) the orange juice.
The TV host — who shares daughter Harper, 8, and son Ford, 5, with ex-husband Armie Hammer — opened up BIRD Bakery in 2012, sharing her arsenal of household recipes.
“We celebrated 10 years in March. It has flown by, and in addition on the similar time, it feels prefer it’s been 100 years,” Chambers gushed to San Antonio Magazine final month of her bake store, noting Harper and Ford love coming to go to the cafés. “Our San Antonio location is my coronary heart. That’s the place we initially opened as an homage to my grandmother and my mother. … San Antonio at all times looks like residence after I’m there. If I may very well be there each single day, open to shut, I’d. Few issues make me happier.”
Hold scrolling to get Chambers’ recipe for her Decadent Bourbon Balls in time for the vacations, and choose up the most recent challenge of Us Weekly for much more festive inspiration:
1 ½ cups Texas pecans
11 oz vanilla wafer cookies
¾ cup dried cherries
1 ½ cups unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa, divided
1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
1 tsp high-quality vanilla extract
⅓ cup corn syrup
¼ cup high-quality bourbon
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp edible gold dusting powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels.
- Toast the pecans on a cookie sheet for five minutes, rotating usually, till golden brown. Let cool.
- In a meals processor, pulse the wafers into crumbs after which add the cherries. Pulse flippantly, after which add the toasted pecans. Pulse the combination three extra occasions.
- In a big bowl, combine collectively the crumb-pecan combination. Add 1 cup of the cocoa, 1 cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla extract. Incorporate fully and add the corn syrup.
- Stir within the bourbon and orange juice. Combine completely.
- Sift the remaining ½ cup cocoa and ½ cup confectioners’ sugar onto a big plate or flat floor.
- Kind the crumb combination into ¾ -inch balls and roll them via the cocoa-sugar combination, coating fully. Sprinkle with gold dusting powder, if desired.
Read the full article here